Recap since Jan 2014
A long long time since my last post. Things have changed significantly since then.
Moved out of Bangalore and JUST EAT. A move more significant than I realised, when I made it earlier this year. Though got adjusted to Mumbai and it’s unique outlook at life, there are few things in the corner of the heart that root for Bangalore. I would not have thought this remotely possible before the move to Mumbai.
Starting from scratch in a new city makes you take note of a lot of things that you take for granted in your life. In a way this move woke me up from a comfort zone that 10 years in Bangalore has put me in. I also came to realise how imporatnt settling down at one place is from getting things done.
I might get into many more details into what a move like this entails and what one needs to keep in mind in a later post, for now will touch upon two of my distinct observations:
- Looks as if everyone in the city is always in a hurry to get somewhere. If one is not cognizant enough, they will get sucked into this fast paced life. Have to watch how long I can resist this.
- Those of you who know me know, how much I was fond of Mumbai. This time around I don’t get the same feeling of belongingness to this city, which I had way back in 2003. Who changed? Is it me or the city or both?
It’s over 18 months since my last post here. I will recount some intersting slices:
- March 2014, we put Aashrita in Discover Montessori. Probably the best place for a kid to spend his/her early life.
- May 2014, Seby invited all the Nabler alumni for it’s 10th anniversary. Truly appreciate his gesture. One of the best individuals I have worked with.
- October 2014, Launched a complete new look Android App. and an Android delivery app. Probably best showcase to all the effort put by team at JUST EAT in my stay there.
- Jan 2014, I moved on from JUST EAT to BigDecisions and from Bangalore to Mumbai.
- Sept 2014, revamped this site and built it in hugo away from octopress.
There are many more incidents that happened in this period which shaped my thoughts. Will jot them down over the next few months.